2008/12/11

Nick Vujicic - No arms, No legs, No worries! ==> 生來無四肢,成就神極大見證!



My name is Nick Vujicic and I give God the Glory for how He has used my testimony to touch thousands of hearts around the world! I was born without
limbs and doctors have no medical explanation for this birth "defect". As you can imagine, I was faced with many challenges and obstacles.
我叫尼克,我要將榮耀歸給神,因祂使用我的見證在全世界觸動上千人的心。我生來就沒有四肢,醫生也沒有辦法用醫學解釋這樣先天的「殘缺」是如何造成的。你可
以想像,我要面對許多挑戰和難關。


"Consider it pure joy, my Brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds."
我的弟兄們,你們落在百般試煉中,都要以為大喜樂。(雅各書 1:2)


....To count our hurt, pain and struggle as nothing but pure joy? As my parents were Christians, and my Dad even a Pastor of our church, they knew
that verse very well. However, on the morning of the 4th of December 1982 in Melbourne ( Australia ), the last two words on the minds of my parents
was "Praise God!" Their firstborn son had been born without limbs! There were no warnings or time to prepare themselves for it. The doctors we
shocked and had no answers at all! There is still no medical reason why this had happened and Nick now has a Brother and Sister who were born just
like any other baby.
捫心自問,痛苦和困難都要大喜樂?我的父母是基督徒,我的父親是我們教會的牧師,他們很明白這句經文。然而,在澳洲墨爾本, 1982年12月4日
的早上,他們的長子出生,但是沒有四肢!他們卻從心裡說:「讚美主!」沒有警告、也沒有時間給他們去預備這件事。醫生很震驚,不知道這為什麼發生。到如今都
還是沒有醫學原因說明為何尼克沒有四肢,而他的弟弟妹妹都像常人一樣。


The whole church mourned over my birth and my parents were absolutely devastated. Everyone asked, "If God is a God of Love, then why would God let
something this bad happen to not just anyone, but dedicated Christians?" My Dad thought I wouldn't survive for very long, but tests proved that I
was a healthy baby boy just with a few limbs missing.
全教會為我的出生悲傷,我的父母完全被打倒了。每個人都問:「若神是愛,為何祂讓這麼糟糕的事發生在基督徒的身上?」我父親認為我活不久了,但是許多測試証
明我是個沒有四肢的健康寶寶。


Understandably, my parents had strong concern and evident fears of what kind of life I'd be able to lead. God provided them strength, wisdom and
courage through those early years and soon after that I was old enough to go to school.
可以理解的,我的父母非常擔心我要面對的生活。在我還小的時候,上帝給他們力量、智慧和勇氣,很快的,我可以上學了。


The law in Australia didn't allow me to be integrated into a main-stream school because of my physical disability. God did miracles and gave my Mom
the strength to fight for the law to be changed. I was one of the first disabled students to be integrated into a main-stream school.
因為我身體上的殘障,澳洲的法律不允許我進入一般的主流學校就讀。上帝行了神蹟,賜給我母親能力去促使這法律變更。我是進入主流學校的第一批殘障學生之一。


I liked going to school, and just try to live life like everyone else, but it was in my early years of school where I encountered uncomfortable
times of feeling rejected, weird and bullied because of my physical difference. It was very hard for me to get used to, but with the support of my
parents, I started to develop attitudes and values which helped me overcome these challenging times. I knew that I was different but on the inside
I was just like everyone else. There were many times when I felt so low that I wouldn't go to school just so I didn't have to face all the negative
attention. I was encouraged by my parents to ignore them and to try start making friends by just talking with some kids. Soon the students realized
that I was just like them, and starting there God kept on blessing me with new friends.
我喜歡上學,也試著跟其他人一樣生活。但是在我上學的前幾年,因為我在身體上跟別人不一樣,我經歷了被拒絕、被捉弄的悲慘時光。我很難適應這些,但是我父母
支持我,我開始調整態度,並重視當我克服難關時的價值。我知道我跟人家不一樣,但是在心裡,我跟每個人都一樣。有好多次,我覺得心情低落到於我不能去學校面
對那些負面的眼光。我父母鼓勵我,不要理他們,去交些新朋友。很快的,那些學生明白我跟他們一樣。從那時開始,上帝就一直祝福我,給我新朋友。


There were times when I felt depressed and angry because I couldn't change the way I was, or blame anyone for that matter. I went to Sunday school
and learnt that God loves us all and that He cares for you. I understood that love to a point as a child, but I didn't understand that if God loved
me why did He make me like this? Is it because I did something wrong? I thought I must have because out of all the kids at school, I'm the only
weird one. I felt like I was a burden to those around me and the sooner I go, the better it'd be for everyone. I wanted to end my pain and end my
life at a young age, but I am thankful once again, for my parents and family who were always there to comfort me and give me strength.
有好幾次我覺得沮喪又生氣,因為我不能改變我的狀況,也不能埋怨任何人。我去兒童主日學,學到上帝愛我們並且關心我們。我知道什麼是愛,但我不明白為何上帝
愛我還把我造成這樣?是我做錯了什麼事嗎?我曾想,一定是我做錯了什麼,因為我是在整個學校裡唯一一個這麼怪的小孩。我覺得我是週遭人的負擔,要是我愈早
走,對大家愈好。我曾想過結束我的痛苦和生命,但是我再次感恩,因我的父母和家人總是安慰我、給我力量活下去。


Due to my emotional struggles I had experienced with bullying, self-esteem and loneliness, God has implanted a passion of sharing my story and
experiences to help others cope with whatever challenge they have in their life and let God turn it into a blessing. To encourage and inspire
others to live to their fullest potential and not let anything get in the way of accomplishing their hopes and dreams.
因為我情感上的掙扎,我經歷了脅迫、自閉和孤獨。上帝在我裡面放下了「去分享我的故事和經驗,以幫助那些在生活上面對挑戰的人,並且讓上帝把挑戰轉為祝福」
這樣的熱情。鼓勵他人活出他們的潛力,並且不讓任何事阻礙他們的希望和夢想。


One of the first lessons that I have learnt was not to take things for granted.
第一課我學到:別把事情當成理所當然。


"And we know that in all things God works for the best for those who love Him."
我們曉得萬事都互相效力,叫愛神的人得益處。 (羅 8:28)


That verse spoke to my heart and convicted me to the point where that I know that there is no such thing as luck, chance or coincidence that these
"bad" things happen in our life.

這句經文對我的心說話,告訴我:不是運氣、機會、或巧合讓這些這麼糟的事都發生在我身上。

I had complete peace knowing that God won't let anything happen to us in our life unless He has a good purpose for it all. I completely gave my
life to Christ at the age of fifteen after reading John 9. Jesus said that the reason the man was born blind was "so that the works of God may be
revealed through Him." I truly believed that God would heal me so I could be a great testimony of His Awesome Power. Later on, I was given the
wisdom to understand that if we pray for something, if it's God's will, it'll happen in His time. If it's not God's will for it to happen, then I
know that He has something better. I now see that Glory revealed as He is using me just the way I am and in ways others can't be used.
我有完全的平安,知道上帝不會讓任何壞事發生在我們的生命中,除非祂對此有好的旨意。我在十五歲把自己完全交託給基督。在讀約翰福音九章時,耶穌說,那個生
來瞎眼的原因「是要在他身上顯出神的作為來。」我真的相信上帝要醫治我,使我成為祂大能的見證。後來,我明白當我們禱告某件事,若神允許,這事就會在神的時
間發生。若不是神的意思,我知道祂有更好的旨意。現在我知道,上帝用我這樣的人來顯明祂的榮耀,而不是用其他人。


I am now twenty-three years old and have completed a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Financial Planning and Accounting. I am also a motivational
speaker and love to go out and share my story and testimony wherever opportunities become available. I have developed talks to relate to and
encourage students through topics that challenge today's teenagers. I am also a speaker in the corporate sector.
我現在二十三歲,完成了商業學士學位,主修財務規劃和會計。我也是個積極的演說者,喜歡出去分享我的故事和見證。我鼓勵學生、挑戰今天的青少年,也在公司裡
演說。


I have a passion for reaching out to youth and keep myself available for whatever God wants me to do, and wherever He leads, I follow.
我很喜歡接觸青年,並且不論上帝要我去做什麼,只要祂引導我,我都很願意。


I have many dreams and goals that I have set to achieve in my life. I want to become the best witness I can be of God's Love and Hope, to become an
international inspirational speaker and be used as a vessel in both Christian and non-Christian venues. I want to become financially independent by
the age of 25, through real estate investments, to modify a car for me to drive and to be interviewed and share my story on the "Oprah Winfrey
Show"! Writing several best-selling books has been one of my dreams and I hope to finish writing my first by the end of the year. It will be called
"No Arms, No Legs, No Worries!"
我有很多夢想和目標想要在我的人生中完成。我要當上帝的愛和希望的見證人,當一個國際激勵演說者,在基督徒和非基督徒的場合中做上帝的導管。我要在25歲前用
不動產投資達到經濟獨立,改裝一輛我可以開的車,並且在"歐普拉秀"中分享我的故事!寫幾本暢銷書是我的其中一個夢想,我希望我可以在今年底完成第一本書。這
本書的書名是:「沒手沒腳不煩惱!」


I believe that if you have the desire and passion to do something, and if it's God's will, you will achieve it in good time. As humans, we
continually put limits on ourselves for no reason at all! What's worse is putting limits on God who can do all things. We put God in a "box". The
awesome thing about the Power of God is that if we want to do something for God, instead of focusing on our capability, concentrate on our
availability for we know that it is God through us and we can't do anything without Him. Once we make ourselves available for God's work, guess
whose capabilities we rely on? God's!
我相信如果你想要做某件事,若是上帝的旨意,你會在適當的時間達成。身為人類,我們不斷在我們自己身上放很多限制。更糟的是在凡事都能的上帝身上放下限制。
我們把上帝關在盒子裡。上帝能力的奇妙是:若我們想要為神做某件事,不是專注在我們的能力或時間,而是知道是上帝透過我們,沒有祂我們什麼事也做不成。只要
我們願意做神的工,猜猜看我們是倚靠誰的能力?上帝的!

沒有留言: